Monday 21 November 2011

A long, long time ago.


A long, long time ago 

On a bench by the old folk’s way
Where the children used to play
Singing songs on a summers day
In the afternoon

Now we sit and remember when
We were the children then
We will never be young again
In the afternoon

I remember we used to say
We’ll never grow old that way
We are young
And young we’ll stay
Wild and free in the afterglow
Time is now; we can let time go
Yesterdays now are all we know
We lived our lives a long, long time ago. 

We were lovers and we were wed
We shared our hearts, our bed
Now it seems that desire is dead
Though I still love you

We sip tea as the time goes by
And we never wonder why
We let all the romance die
Though I still love you
Still, I know in my wildest dreams
Nothing’s quite the way it seems
We should live like kings and queens
Wild and free in the afterglow
Time is now, we can let time go
Yesterdays now are all we know
We lived our lives
A long, long time ago. 

I remember it was so fine
When I used to make you mine.
Come to bed with me one more time;
For I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment