Sunday 20 November 2011

Ordinary Joy

Ordinary Joy

The lights through the trees that all fragment the dark
The smell of the wood-smoke pervading the park
The oncoming frost that will chill and distil its own mark
Ordinary joy
The lights in the sky that disguise the new day
The church in the distance is tolling the way
The sounds of awakening, savage and waiting to play
Ordinary joy.

If this is life, I’m into it
This is life, I’m into it
If this is life, I’m into it now.

Unreachable limits unloading the weight
Fear of the news that awaits at the gate
Hating the hollow rehearsals and hating the hate
Ordinary day.
The crouching despair at the stair waits to leap
Freedom from fear only seized when you sleep
Too tired to try and too worried to wake up and weep
Ordinary day.

If this is life, I’ll live with it
This is life, I’ll live with it
If this is life, I’ll live with it now.

Intangible tangles, the modern melee
Heedless and hidden in gullible grey
Quiet in cacophony, voiceless in view of the day
Ordinary man.
Silent in struggle and valiant in vain
Unresting resilience, pugnacious in pain
Relentlessly staying and playing the part for a gain
Ordinary man.

 

If this is life, I’m living it
This is life, I’m living it
If this is life, I’m living it now.



©Zilby Toth 2011




No comments:

Post a Comment